Garage Door FAQs
What are the benefits of an insulated garage door?
A garage door opening represents the largest opening in your home's thermal barrier. Insulated doors will help to reduce the amount of outside temperatures that enters your garage, thus reducing the amount of energy required to cool or heat your home. Insulated doors also reduce noise from the exterior of your home.
What maintenance is suggested for my overhead door?
While we suggest a trained professional to undertake any major repairs, there are some steps you can take to maintain your door.
- Periodically lubricate your garage door rollers, springs, hinges, and bearings. If you have any questions please feel free to call us to determine the best methods for lubricating your specific door.
- Clean the weather stripping with vinyl cleaner to keep it bright and looking new.
- Wash your door. Keep it free from all dirt and grime that naturally collects on your door. Caution, do not use a high pressure washer on a steel door.
- Inspect the rollers every six months and replace any that are worn or broken, or call us and have us replace them.
- If you have a painted door, periodically paint the exterior to help protect it from the elements. Call us for painting instructions.